Other Projects: WPF Window | Lava JS | SQL
WPF Gauge is an attempt to bring a nicely designed, flexible gauge control to the WPF open source community.
I began development of this Control due to a requirement for a project that I was working on that involved displaying data for a BI application. I like some of the controls out there such as Telerik, but really did not need (or want to spend money on) the entire
charting package just to use the gauge control. Also, although Telerik's gauge is a great control, I found it to be somewhat cumbersome in many cases.
That brings us to the WPF Gauge! The WPF Gauge still has a ways to go, but it is definitely off to a good start. Here are some of the things that you can do with the WPF Gauge:
- Specify the Start and End Angles for the scale
- Style all aspects of the control
- Specify the total number of Major Ticks
- Specify the total number of Minor Ticks
- Gauge auto-scales to value
- Gauge accepts negative numbers
- You can modify the tooltip of the needle to display any content
- You can add an unlimited number of Goal Markers to the Gauge